Your privacy is important to the Texas Health Services Authority (THSA), and we go to great lengths to protect it. This Privacy Notice applies only to the online collection and sharing of personal and other information via the THSA website. This Notice does not apply to information collected in any other way (for more information on other data-handling practices, see the THSA's Open Records Policy and Records Retention Policy). The THSA website may contain buttons or links to sites maintained by third parties. These third-party sites are not operated or controlled by THSA and may have different privacy practices.
Please note that in this privacy notice, the term “Personal Information” means any information that can be used to identify you directly or indirectly. This includes but is not limited to your name, address, phone number, email address, payment card information, and/or certain additional categories of information that identify you personally.
What information is collected? How is it used?
- We collect information about our users in the following ways, such as signing up for our contact form or directly from the end user.
- We will not share your Personal Information, unless we say so in this Privacy Notice, you consent to the sharing of the information, or when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
How is my information protected?
- We have implemented appropriate security measures to help protect your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
- While we take commercially reasonable measures to secure your data, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will stop all unauthorized access.
Who can access my personal information?
- We will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists, customer names or email addresses to others, and we will not make your Personal Information available to any unaffiliated parties, except our approved partner organizations and contractors, or as otherwise described in this Privacy Notice.
- We will share your information as required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, or if we believe in good faith that sharing the data is necessary to protect our rights or property.
How can I correct, amend, or delete my personal information?
- If you need to change any of your Personal Information or have it deleted, please contact us at email@example.com.
- If you do not want to receive information about the THSA, please update your account preferences and/or utilize the “unsubscribe” mechanism within the communications that you receive from us.
A cookie is a file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit its site. It enables the THSA website to remember your actions and preferences over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also help us understand which sections of our website are the most popular as they help show which pages are being visited and for how long. This helps us adapt our website to provide more relevant and accessible information. Cookies can be deleted or blocked by changing browser settings.
Questions or concerns?
If you have any additional questions or concerns related to this notice and/or our practices, please contact us at 512-814-0321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy Notice Changes
Our Privacy Notice may change at any time. If our information practices change in a significant way, we will post the policy changes here. This Privacy Notice was last updated on May 25, 2018.