The role of a privacy officer is to ensure an entity’s board, management, and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies and that company policies and procedures are being followed. The Texas Health Services Authority's (the Authority's) Remote Privacy Officer program can support your organization in many ways, including but not limited to, assistance with:
- Privacy assessments, including how PHI and other sensitive information is collected, used, shared, and maintained;
- Development and review of privacy policies and procedures;
- Development and review of contracts affecting data privacy (e.g., BAAs, trust agreements, etc);
- Privacy notices that accurately reflect internal privacy policies and procedures; and
- Implementation of effective privacy and breach management programs.